Collecting seven of the team's nine blocks on the afternoon, redshirt sophomore Lauren Carter set a career-high with her seven rejections, recording the third seven-block game of the season for Morehead State. She joins redshirt sophomore Gabby Crawford and sophomore Ariel Kirkwood as the three Eagles with seven blocks in a game, a team-high.
Carter also added 11 points and eight boards as she neared a triple-double to lead a trio of double-figure scorers. Crawford and senior Jazzmyn Elston added 15 and 11 points, respectively, to round out the Eagles in double-digits.
Despite the three double-figure scorers, Morehead State ultimately fell to Belmont 89-59.
In addition to her team game-high-tying 15 points, Crawford added six boards while tying career highs with three assists and three steals, leading Morehead State in both categories.
- Morehead State opened the game with a pair of threes in the first minute-and-a-half of the game with Lai'Janique Perry-Ellis and Jazzmyn Elston hitting from long range. Perry-Ellis's three-ball to open the scoring marked the first time this season the Eagles' first points came from beyond the arc.
- Belmont answered with a 5-0 run to take the lead 7-6 before the Eagles' Elston and Lauren Carter hit back-to-back layups, the second—by Elston—sparked by a Bruin turnover to give the Eagles a 10-7 advantage.
- The Bruins answered the Eagle advantage with a pair of 7-0 runs and a 5-0 run to close the quarter to stake a lead at the quarter break.
- Looking to trim the Belmont lead, Morehead State went on a 5-0 run with Gabby Crawford hitting all three free throw attempts after being fouled on a three-point attempt and Tomiyah Alford adding a paint jumper.
- Belmont closed the third quarter on a 10-0 run to expand its lead heading into the final quarter, taking advantage in the paint where it scored eight of its 10 points in the run.
- Morehead State closed the game holding Belmont to 0-5 from the floor while forcing six turnovers, only ceding two points over the final six minutes of the game. The Eagles outscored the Bruins 11-2 in the stretch, including a 9-0 run.
- Picking up nine blocks on the afternoon, Morehead State finishes the season with 157 total blocks, having finished each of the past six seasons with 150 or more rejections.
- In addition to her seven blocks setting a career-high, Lauren Carter's block total also gives her 33 blocks on the season, becoming the third Eagle with 30 or more blocks this season. She joins Ariel Kirkwood (56) and Gabby Crawford (35) with 30-plus rejections.