Morehead State University students hosted a silent protest to show support for Black Lives Matter on Tuesday September 8, 2020 at the Bell Tower. The event was put on by Jacob Wilde and Demetrius Dillard both football players for the university. They put on the event to be able to ask that administration listen even though they’re being silent.
“It’s a silent protest to just stand here and let people know that our lives matter,” said Wilde.
Wilde and Dillard are working on becoming an official student organization called Students for Change. They will be putting on these silent protests weekly.
- Rowan County sees first Covid death as cases rise
- Former pastor arrested for allegedly flashing a minor
- Rowan County Christmas held singing competition
- Local business reopens amid pandemic
- KCTM makes changes to fit restrictions
- Former Pastor Accused of Sexual Misconduct
- Former Pastor Arraigned
- Fraley Music Festival goes online for its 50th anniversary
- A season cut short
- Blitzing the backyard biology